Dr. Teal’s Therapeutic Solutions Epsom Salt Soaking Solution Relax & Relief with Eucalyptus Spearmint
Quantity: 3 lbs
Price: 5.19 @ local Kmart
Disclaimer: All opinions are my own and I purchased this product with my own money
4 out of 5 stars
I purchased this bath salt at my local Kmart and I am going to be doing my beauty reviews a bit differently. They are going to be similar to my book reviews, meaning that there will be different categories that I will judge the product by. So, without further ado…
1. Usage: I used these as bath salts and not as an exfoliate or to relieve sprains. So, I cannot say anything about those usages. The packaging tells the consumer to use two cups of bath salts, but half a cup was plenty to get really luxurious results. I used a fourth of a cup for a quick bath. With these salts, you do need to take a shower to rinse off the residue afterward. N/A out of 5 stars
2. Packaging: To be quite honest, the packaging and the scent are the two things that really sucked me into buying this product in the first place. The product is in a resealable plastic bag in a bright purple, blue with green accents. I love the picture of the eucalyptus on the front. The packaging isn’t necessarily beautiful, but it is eye catching. 4 out of 5 stars
3. Scent: The product smells strongly of crisp spearmint in the bag, but in the tub, the scent diluted into a light fragrance. There is an underlying tone of something floral, but refreshing and not overwhelming. 5 out of 5 stars
4. Performance: When I put half of a cup of salts into the empty tub evenly throughout and then, put the tub on the hot water, the scent starts to dilute and spread across the whole bathroom. The feel of the water on my skin is milky and it coats my skin with silky residue that is more moisturizing than annoying. If you cup your hands and bring the water to your nose, the scent is very light and fresh. The salt dilutes fast without a gritty feel to the tub. I find using more leaves salt particles undiluted in my bath tub. 5 out of 5 stars
5. Ingrediants: The picture on the back of the packaging can be decieving. It says that it is Epsom salt plus Eucalyptus, but there is a few more ingredients. There is fragrance and spearmint. The ingredients are almost pure, although it comes across a bit confusing at least to me. 4 out of 5 stars
6. Results: It leaves my skin noticeably soft afterword in combination with body lotion. I always lotion up after a bath/shower. The salts help to relieve achy joints a bit, but can irritate skin that is already irritated. I recently used this when I had a rash and I do not recommend while in this condition. 3 out of 5 stars
Overall, I give this product 4.2 stars out of 5. I truely recommend this, if you take a few baths a week. It is a great value for the price. It lasted me almost 6 months using it only a couple of times a week. Please feel free to comment if you have any questions.
1 thought on “Spa Quality”
BTW My father bought the lavender one and it stunk real bad, but he loves it. Personally, I hate the lavender scent, but same great product.