Heya Aspiring Gurus!
This is going to be a fun favorites blog post on makeup. I have so much of it that I do not even know where to start! I am a makeup person, but a minimalist in this department. I usually highlight one or two features and keep everything else natural and neutral. So, let me begin…My top five favorite makeup products are:
1. Liquid Foundation: My favorite liquid foundation of all time is Rimmel London Lasting Finish 16 hr Mineral Enriched Foundation in 103 True Ivory. Wow. That’s a mouthful! I am almost done with the bottle and I remember paying 8 US DOLLARS for this 1 fl oz bottle. I will definitely repurchase this again. It makes my face flawless and lasts all day. I am not the type of girl that brings foundation with her to reapply throughout the day, so I need something with staying power. This is perfect. It leaves a natural finish and is waterproof. I give this 5 out of 5 stars for performance.
2. Cheek Stain: I have recently rediscovered my love for cheek stains. They look natural and last for hours without reapplying. I am currently loving Pixi Sheer Cheek Gel in No. 2 Sun Kissed, priced around 20 US DOLLARS for 0.45 oz. I know this is expensive, but you only need a little bit to pull off a natural look. The color looked totally dark in person, so I had my doubts. IT is sheer, tinted color. This gave me a rosy glow that didn’t look fake. It enhanced the look of my skin. People thought that I looked tanner with this on. This is a four for me, because it does stain your fingers, which I think is a bit messy.
3. Glitter Eyeliner: Who says only teens can pull off this look? I love wearing glitter eyeliner! It cheers me up on dreary days. My current obsession is Too Faced Starry-Eyed Liquid Eyeliner in Super Freak for 10 US DOLLARS for 0.14 oz. I love the purply-pink glitter in this clear liner. I even see hints of green and blue for depth. It is a gorgeous pop of color. The super thin brush allows complete control. I usually line my bottom lash line with this. The bottle itself is cute with a metallic pink cap. It is perfectly girly and the eyeliner lasts through hours of sweating on the dance floor. The most amazing thing? I slept in this eyeliner and woke up with it still applied as when I went to sleep in it. Perfect. 5 stars for performance.
4. Pressed Bronzer: We have all heard about faking a tan and how bronzers can look more fake than real. I love The Body Shop Honey Bronzing Powder in Shade 02 Fair Matte for 20 US DOLLARS for 0.39 oz. This bronzer is matte, so it looks natural and the bronzer has a brown look to it. It was pressed into a cute honey-cone design. I have used it so much, you can barely see it anymore. It is two shades darker than my skin, so it is the perfect bronzed look without being overpowering or too dark. 4 stars for performance, because it can look orange when not blended fully.
5. Eye Shadow: This is a no brainer for most people. Eye Shadow is an essential makeup component. What I am loving for summer is Avon Extra Lasting 16 hr Eye Shadow in Blue Meridian K501 for 8 US DOLLARS for 0.053 oz. I love this blue eye shadow. It is a cream to powder in a sea blue that never creases even without primer. And I have oily lids, too! It comes in a tube like a lip gloss with a wand except shorter and chunkier. The wand makes touchups on the go simple and easy. I give this eye shadow a five for performance.
Some swatches from left to right: eyeshadow, bronzer, eyeliner, cheek gel, foundation.
<——This is when blending all of them.
Now, that you know my makeup favorites, what are some of yours? Please leave a comment or post a blog response and ping it to mine so I can see it. Thanks for reading and following!
4 thoughts on “Favorites: The Makeup Edition”
I have not tried any of those products but might be on the lookout for them when some of my make up runs out.
Have you tried anything similar? They are great products though.
actually not yet. I was thinking of getting some bronzer but have none right now besides something that looks like it could be used as bronzer from Starlooks. I don’t have any glitter eyeliner but I do have some glitter eyeshadow. I rarely wear foundation but do have some BB cream but have yet to try it. for cheeks, I tend to look rather pink already especially with no foundation on.
I’m using a bb cream from the body shop as well, although I don’t like it as much as foundation. The bb tends to crumble around my mouth. It’s okay for a nice smooth base on at home days, but not when I want to look professional.